8 lb Turkey
12 slices SRC Dry-Cured Bacon
1 package SRC Herbes De Provence Sausage (Garlic Sausage and Apple Sausage would also be good choices here)
salt and pepper
3 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 Boquet Garni (little bundle of fresh herbs)
2 onions, quartered
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1. The night before cooking, rub the bird generously inside and out with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 450.
3. Poach the sausages in stock or salted water (just under a boil) for 7 minutes.
4. Place the hot sausages, the bouquet garnie and garlic inside the cavity and truss the bird.
5. Lay bacon slices across the breast, tucking the ends of the bacon into the twine that runs between the drumsticks and breast.
6. Place roast in a roasting pan, breast side up, surrounded by onions, carrots and celery with about 1/2-1 inch of water or stock in the bottom of the pan.
7. Place the bird in the oven and immediately turn the oven temp. down to 325. Rotate the roasting pan every hour and baste. Cook for about 2 1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 165 when inserted into the thigh (but not touching the
8. Let the bird rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Servings/Yield: 6 Source: Smokey Ridge Charcuterie